In the fast-paced world of modern cooking, the Instant Pot has emerged as a time-saving kitchen companion, turning elaborate recipes into quick and convenient meals. One such dish that effortlessly transforms into a weeknight dinner masterpiece is Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli. This dish combines the succulence of shrimp with the crisp freshness of broccoli, all infused with a savory sauce, creating a delightful harmony of flavors. In this article, we’ll explore the simplicity and efficiency of preparing Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli, allowing you to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish in the comfort of your own home.
The Magic of the Instant Pot:
The Instant Pot, with its versatility and efficiency, has become a game-changer in the kitchen. It functions as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté pan, and more, all in one device. When it comes to dishes like Shrimp and Broccoli, the Instant Pot not only reduces cooking time but also enhances the infusion of flavors, resulting in a tender and succulent final product.
For the Shrimp and Broccoli:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Prepare the Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, brown sugar, and set aside.
- Sauté Aromatics: Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Heat vegetable oil, add minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add Shrimp and Sauce: Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the Instant Pot and pour the sauce over them. Stir to coat the shrimp with the flavorful mixture.
- Cook Under Pressure: Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve to the sealing position, and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Yes, just 1 minute for perfectly cooked shrimp!
- Quick Release and Add Broccoli: Perform a quick pressure release and open the Instant Pot. Add the broccoli florets to the pot and gently stir.
- Sauté for Extra Flavor: Set the Instant Pot back to sauté mode and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, and the sauce thickens.
- Season and Garnish: Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Garnish the Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli pairs perfectly with steamed rice, brown rice, or even quinoa for a healthier option. The sauce is so flavorful that it creates a delicious coating for the shrimp and a tasty drizzle over the accompanying grains.
Feel free to customize the dish to suit your preferences. If you prefer a bit of heat, add crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce. You can also incorporate additional vegetables like bell peppers or snap peas for added color and nutritional variety.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Broccoli exemplifies the beauty of modern cooking – a dish that’s quick, flavorful, and doesn’t compromise on quality. By harnessing the efficiency of the Instant Pot, you can enjoy a restaurant-worthy meal without the hassle of lengthy preparation. So, embrace the convenience, savor the succulence of the shrimp, and relish the freshness of the broccoli as you elevate your weeknight dinners with this delightful Instant Pot creation.